Do You Import or Export Consumer Products to the U.S.?
Most consumer products under CPSC's jurisdiction are imported. CPSC works internationally on the development and alignment of consumer product safety requirements, inspection and enforcement coordination as well as consumer education and information dissemination.
What We Do
The goal of all of CPSC’s international activities is to ensure the safety of imported consumer products used in the United States. We pursue this goal by working with international partners to improve manufacturing and regulatory coordination and to encourage alignment of U.S. product safety requirements at a high level of safety.
Who We Work With
- Governments, businesses, organizations and others around the world
- The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s Working Party on Consumer Product Safety
- The International Consumer Product Safety Caucus
- The Organization of American States's Consumer Health and Safety Network
- CPSC Regional Programs
CPSC publishes business guidance in multiple languages.
International Contact Information
|Director, International Programs
Richard W. O'Brien
|Contact Form||(301) 504-7054|
|Program Manager for the Western Hemisphere
Tilven Marcela Bernal
|Contact Form||(301) 504-7309|
|Program Manager for East Asia and Pacific
|Contact Form||(301) 504-7662|
|Program Manager for Southeast Asia and Training Exchanges
Arlene I. Flecha
|Contact Form||301) 504-7052|
|Program Manager for China
|Contact Form||301) 504-7307|
|Program Manager for Europe and International Organizations
|Contact Form||(301) 504-7252|
|Regional Product Safety Attaché, Asia Pacific
|Regional Product Safety Specialist, Asia Pacific
- Mandatory CPSC Standards and Voluntary (Consensus) Standards
- Handbook for Manufacturing Safer Consumer Products | Chinese | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Useful Resources from Foreign Partners
- Form for Foreign Governments and Distributors to Contact CPSC's International Office | Chinese
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Guide to Importing into the U.S.
- U.S.-China Standards Portal (administered by ANSI)
- Frequently Requested Document Links (Korean)
June 26, 2018
June 28, 2016
Views were exchanged and information concerning further improvements to consumer product safety, especially with regard to strengthening regulatory cooperation on e-commerce transactions, including direct-to-consumer transactions.
- The Third North America Consumer Product Safety Summit Joint Statement
- The Second North America Product Safety Summit Joint Statement
- The First North America Product Safety Summit Joint Statement
- Southeast Asia Trip: Furniture Seminar and Meetings in Vietnam, Thailand and China
- CPSC and Health Canada Reaffirm Commitment to Collaborate on Highest Toy Safety Requirements
- 2nd Biennial Sino-U.S. Consumer Product Safety Summit
- 4th Biennial United States-China Consumer Product Safety Summit
- Third Biennial Consumer Product Safety Trilateral Summit United States - China -European Union Joint Press Statement