The following slide presentations were given at two CPSC staff seminars on the new mattress standard. One seminar was held at CPSC Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland on March 29, 2007 and the second seminar was held date in San Diego, California on April 12, 2007. To view the slide presentations given at the CPSC staff seminars on the new mattress standard, click on the links below.
Presentations from Government Participants
- Welcome to the CPSC Staff Mattress Seminar on the Flammability (Open-Flame) of Mattress Sets, CPSC
- Recordkeeping and Compliance, CPSC
- Key Aspects of the CFR 1633 Gas Burner Test, Dr. T.J. Ohlemiller, National Institute of Standards and Technology
Presentations from Non-Government Participants. These presentations were not prepared by the Commission or Commission staff and are not official documents of the CPSC, have not been reviewed by, and may not necessarily reflect the views of, the Commission.
- CPSC Mattress Seminar Prototyping, Mr. Bob Sabalaskey, Lilly Management Group
- Prototyping for 16 CFR Part 1633, Mr. Curt Hutton of Hanes Industries representing Leggett & Platt, Inc.
- Quality Assurance Program, Mr. Kenny Parrish, Tietex International
- Sewing Thread Selection for 16 CFR 1633 Compliance, Dr. Jay Rappaport and Mr. Vincent Diaz, Atlantic Thread & Supply Company