May through September is “Crunch Time” for ATV riders – a critical period when riding season and ATV-related incidents are at their peaks. Make safety part of the plan for every ride and follow these rules of the trail:
- Do not drive ATVs on paved roads.
- Do not allow a child under 16 drive or ride an adult ATV.
- Do not drive ATVs with a passenger or ride as a passenger.
- Always wear a helmet and other protective gear such as eye protection, boots, gloves, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Take a hands-on safety training course.