Experience counts when riding an ATV. Like other activities involving high speeds and heavy machinery, riding an ATV can be risky. To help stay safe, follow these safety tips:
- Always wear a helmet and other protective gear such as eye protection, boots, gloves, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Do not drive ATVs with a passenger or ride as a passenger.
- Take a hands-on safety training course.
- Do not drive ATVs on paved roads.
- Do not allow a child under 16 drive or ride an adult ATV.
- Do not drive ATVs while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.