The CO Poster Contest
is NOW CLOSED.
Judging is underway and winners will be announced soon. Stay tuned and good luck to our entrants!
Alert! Middle school students wanted! Create a cool poster. Warn people about dangers of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO). Stop the invisible killer! Save lives! Win prize money!
CPSC is sponsoring a nationwide carbon monoxide safety poster contest to help warn people about the dangers of CO. Create a poster about the dangers of carbon monoxide. Possible topics include:
- Facts about CO: You cannot see it or smell it. It is an invisible Killer;
- What steps you can take to protect against CO poisoning;
- How to recognize CO exposure and symptoms;
- How to install and test CO alarms and why they are important.
- Three 6th grade winners: $500 each
- Three 7th grade winners: $500 each
- Three 8th grade winners: $500 each
- One public vote winner: $500
- One grand prize winner: An extra $1,000 (chosen from the finalists)
Posters will be posted on CPSC's website and social media sites! Vote for your favorite!
Who Can Enter?
The contest is open to U.S. residents in grades six, seven, or eight. Posters must be created by the middle school student, on the student’s own, without help from family, friends or others.
Children of CPSC employees are not eligible to enter.
Deadline for Entries: Participants may submit entries to CPSC between July 14, 2014 and February 27, 2015. Only one poster per child may be submitted, and all entries must be received no later than February 27, 2015.
Judging Criteria and Prizes: Posters will be evaluated on:
- CO safety message clarity;
- Visual appeal;
- Design originality
For each grade level, three finalists will be selected. One additional winner will be chosen by a public vote on CPSC’s website. One grand prize winner will be chosen from all 10 finalists. The parents/guardians of the winners will be notified by telephone or by e-mail on or about May 1, 2015. All decisions by the judges are final.
Contest Questions & Inquiries:
For questions, contact CPSC at: COContest@cpsc.gov